We're always looking out for enthusiastic, hard-working people who are keen to get involved in our festivals and events.
We have a range of opportunities for people who love events, want to put something back into the community or want to learn new skills.
You need to be over 18 to volunteer at our events.
If you want to volunteer for our festivals this summer, you will need to be available on 26, 27, 28 and 30 June 2018. You will also need to be available for some additional days around these dates.
If your application is successful, you will need to attend a briefing and manual handling training on either 11 or 14 June 2018.
We may ask you to come along for an interview. This allows us to get to know you, but also means you can find out more about us and the volunteering opportunity. You can ask any questions you may have to find out if it is right for you.
If we are a good fit for each other, we will agree your hours with you in advance, according to your availability. Your working hours will vary and can be at any time of day including early mornings and late nights.
Your volunteering role could cover a number of positions, including:
- general stewarding
- car park duties
- recycling and waste duties
- site support (admin or crew)
- specific activity stewarding
- gate duties
We always try to be as inclusive as possible, but some roles are physically demanding. If you think there may be an issue, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
What you’ll receive in return
Each event has different opportunities and can offer different benefits, such as:
- free entry to the event you’re working at (this applies to 3foot and Fling and only after you have worked an agreed number of hours)
- free refreshments and sometimes meals (depending on the number of hours you have worked)
- the satisfaction of being part of some amazing events which enhance Chelmsford’s cultural offer
- meeting like-minded people and making new friends
Like any opportunity, you get out what you put in but we will make the experience as beneficial and enjoyable as we can.
We cannot pay travel expenses, but your benefits should not be affected.