The 2019 Chelmsford City Photo Competition, in partnership with Essex Chronicle and Visit Chelmsford, is now open.
You can enter your best photo to be in with the chance of winning fantastic prizes.
This year the categories are:
- Natural Chelmsford: landscapes, botanical images, green spaces within Chelmsford
- Creative Chelmsford: images that represent Chelmsford's creativity and diversity
- Chelmsford in Portrait: the people of Chelmsford! Documenting stories from the people who make the City so vibrant
- Urban Chelmsford: along the lines of street photography, showcasing the more built-up areas of the City
- Best of under 16s: to take inspiration from any of the above categories, but we will judge as a separate entry for under 16s only
The deadline is midnight on Saturday 31 August 2019.
We will invite the top five entrants in each category to an exclusive awards evening in October. This will be followed by a two-week exhibition at the Meadows Shopping Centre for thousands of shoppers to admire the winning photos.
Keeping up to date
You can keep up to date about the competition, and our other events and festivals, by liking us on Facebook or joining our mailing list.