Chelmsford City Council

Chelmsford, along with the rest of England, is now in lockdown until further notice. You can find out what this means and get other useful information on our coronavirus updates page.

Organising an event

If you are organising your own event, we have put together a list of other council services that you may wish to contact.


  • Getting a licenceFind out how to apply to us to get a temporary event notice or other type of licence for your event.
  • Hiring a space in the High StreetYou can apply to us to book a space the High Street for commercial, voluntary or fundraising activities.
  • Hiring a parkYou can find out about hiring one of our parks for large-scale events, or for a small private event.
  • Hiring a venueWe have a number of venues you can hire for corporate events, functions and other types of occasion.
  • Closing a roadFind out how to apply to us to close a road if you want to organise a street party or special event.

    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page
    Last updated: 01 March 2021

    Go to: