These conditions are to be read together with all other statements or directives either shown on the ticket, displayed on the premises or conditions of sale/promotional literature. Any re-sale of tickets must incorporate these terms and conditions.
1. The possession of a ticket constitutes an acceptance by the holder of these conditions and imply an undertaking on the part of the holder to observe them. In the event of any breach of these conditions the organisers reserve the right to cancel your ticket and retain any monies paid therefore.
2. Admission is at the ticket holder’s own risk. The organisers accept no responsibility for loss, damage or injury.
3. Official photographers will be on-site taking photos and footage of this event and these images may be used for publicity purposes. The full photography and image consent policy is available online at www.chelmsford.gov.uk/fling
4. Artists and billed attractions may be subject to change or cancellation without prior notice
5. No trading allowed within the venue without Chelmsford City Council’s prior consent.
6. With the exception of special assistance dogs, no animals are permitted onto the premises. Please inform the Festival organiser if you intend to bring an assistance dog.
1. Persons under the age of 18 will not be permitted – ID may be required on the gate and those unable to produce valid identification may be refused entry without refund.
2. A Challenge 25 policy will be in operation at the bars. Those found to be under the age of 18 will be removed from the premises without refund.
Tickets and wristbands
1. Tickets are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged, refunded or replaced or resold.
2. The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased online is 9. The overall limit per transaction is 20. If you would like to make a group booking, please contact the Civic Theatre Box Office directly.
3. If you exceed the maximum number of tickets allowed, we reserve the right to cancel the extra tickets booked. No refunds will be given for these tickets or any applicable fees.
4. Bus and Car Park tickets
a. Additional bus tickets can be purchased from the Civic Theatre Box Office at any time prior to the event and until 8pm on the day of the event.
b. All car park tickets must be purchased in advance of the event and cannot be purchased on the gate.
c. Additional car park tickets can be purchased from the Civic Theatre Box Office Office at any time prior to the event and until 8pm on the day of the event, subject to availability.
d. Car Park tickets must be displayed in your windscreen at the event.
5. Essential Companion Scheme: If you need assistance to access services when attending one of our events, you can apply for a complimentary ticket for an ‘Essential Companion’ to accompany you. Please visit www.chelmsford.gov.uk/fling for further information.
6. Leisure Plus and Corporate Discounts:
a. It is one discounted ticket per member.
b. By choosing to book online, it is your responsibility to check what type of discounted tickets and offers are available and that you have chosen the correct tickets before completing your booking. No refunds will be given for incorrectly booked tickets.
c. When purchasing tickets online with a Leisure Plus or Corporate Discount, you must opt to collect your tickets.
d.Appropriate identification (Leisure Plus card, payslip, or corporate ID badge) must be presented upon collection/purchase in person from the Civic Theatre Box Office.
e. Discounted tickets will not be posted. If you have requested or paid for postage of these tickets, they will not be sent out and no refund of postage can be given.
f. Misuse of offers or specially discounted tickets may result in your booking being cancelled.
7. Collection Options: If you purchased your tickets online and opted to collect tickets, please note:
a. Tickets will be available for collection immediately.
b. Bookings that include bus tickets must be collected from the Civic Theatre’s Box Office by 8pm on Sat 30 Jun 2018.
c. Bookings that exclude bus tickets can be collected from the Civic Theatre’s Box Office until 4pm on Fri 29 Jun 2018. After this time, tickets will be available on the gate at the Festival only.
8.Delivery Options: If you purchased your tickets online and opted to have them delivered by post, please note:
a. Tickets will be dispatched on 1 Jun 2018.
b. Tickets posted by Special Delivery, will require a signature on delivery.
c. All other tickets will be posted 1st class.
9. Tickets must be valid, presented in full on the gate, and not tampered with (in the event of accidental damage, refer to the Civic Theatre Box Office prior to event).
10. Tickets must be exchanged for a wristband on first entry on the gate. No re-admission on ticket. A wristband will allow the wearer to leave and re-enter the Festival premises.
11. The ticket holder is responsible for their ticket until it is exchanged for a wristband and then responsible for their wristband for the duration of the event. Chelmsford City Theatres will not issue duplicate tickets for lost or stolen tickets.
12. Tickets or wristbands will be invalidated if any part of it is removed, detached, altered or defaced. Wristbands will not be reissued or replaced regardless of whether you still have the ticket.
13. Last admission (including re-entry) to the festival is at 9.30pm on Sat 30 Jun 2018.
14. The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry or to require any ticketholder or anyone without a valid wristband to leave the premises.
15. Tickets are only valid when purchased from Chelmsford City Theatres. Tickets or goods purchased from unlawful street traders/touts will be invalid.
1. In the unlikely event of cancellation of the Festival, all customers shall be entitled to a full refund equal to the face value of the tickets purchased. These refunds will be processed by the Civic Theatre Box Office. Please note that the event operates a ‘no refunds’ policy in all other circumstances.
2. Refunds of booking fees per ticket are subject to the T&Cs of the point of sale.
1. The full list of prohibited items can be found on www.flingfestival.com and is subject to change until the Festival date.
2. No alcohol may be taken onto or from the premises. Alcohol may be purchased from the licensed bars situated on site. Any alcohol deemed to have been brought on to the premises will be confiscated.
3. In the interest of the safety of Hylands Park users no glass or glass bottles are permitted within the premises - any found will be confiscated.
1. Any person found to be behaving in a manner deemed unsociable or potentially dangerous will be ejected from the Festival without refund. This includes the use of illegal substances or so-called ‘legal highs’. The Festival reserves the right to evict a customer without refund, and/or refuse admission.
2. You may be body/bag searched at the entrances, on the site or when leaving.
3. Any item(s), reasonably considered for use as a weapon, which may cause danger, offence or disruption to any other person, will be confiscated.
4. Any person carrying illegal items or carrying out illegal activity will be given to the Police and refused entry.
5. Anti-social behaviour may lead to eviction*. Please act responsibly.
Fire and safety
1. No smoking is permitted within any structure on the premises.
2. Prohibited items - The organiser reserves the right to search all persons and personal property and refuse admission to, or eject from, the premises any person who refuses to be searched by a security official.
3. Excessive exposure to loud music may cause damage to your hearing.
4. Pyrotechnics, lasers, smoke machines, strobe lighting/special effects may take place during some performances.
5. The use of drones or similar equipment for any reason is strictly forbidden on site without written permission from Chelmsford City Council.