Without our volunteer walk leaders, the Heart and Sole programme would not be possible.
Our walk leaders act as either a front leader, a middle marker or back marker during the walks. They make sure that everyone is on route, and comfortable with the pace.
If you are interested in volunteering as a walk leader, you can contact us.
The next walk leader course is on Thursday 7 September at the Civic Centre, Chelmsford.
As a walk leader, you will need to:
- attend a free, one day walk leader training course
- complete and return the paperwork for the walks you are involved with
- encourage and motivate walkers to attend regularly
- adhere to the health and safety guidelines and safeguarding measures
- attend quarterly walk leader meetings at the Civic Centre
You can volunteer once a month, or more frequently if you want to.
All walks are no longer than 90 minutes. You will need to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the walk to register walkers. You will also need to be available at the end of the walk to answer questions and encourage socialising.
You will receive support as a walk leader, but we do not cover any expenses.