Yuletide Stride 2022
This year's Yuletide Stride will be taking place on Thursday 8 December 2022. Come and join us to get in the festive spirit!
This gentle walk will start at the Lord Ashcroft Building and is kindly hosted by Anglia Ruskin University.
Our friendly walk leaders and cycle marshals will guide walkers to see the twinkly lights of Chelmsford High Street, Moulsham Street, the market square and around the cathedral grounds. The walk is just over 5km and you can download a map of the route.
Date and time
Thursday 8 December 2022, from 7pm.
Please meet from 6.30pm in the Lord Ashcroft Building of Anglia Ruskin University. There will be a briefing at 6.55pm and the walk will leave promptly at 7pm.
£3 per person.
Your entry fee will cover the event costs and the remainder will go toward the Mayor's chosen charities.
You can also donate to the Mayor's charity now.
How to register
You can register for the walk online now. We will close registration a few days before the event.
This walk meets inside the Lord Ashcroft Building at Anglia Ruskin University (ARU), Bishop Hall Lane, Chelmsford, CM1 1SQ.
ARU is a stop on both the Sandon and Chelmer Valley Park and Ride bus routes. Other stops are at the train station, the bus station and in the town centre.
You can view the ECC cycling maps for routes that run from the City Centre.
Follow the A138 and then the B1008 to Hall Lane to find ARU. You can park in the Student Village Car Park.
You can download a parking map.
You should not park in the car park directly behind the shopping arcade where Subway, Papa Johns and the pharmacy are, as this is only one-hour parking. If you leave your car in there longer than an hour, you will need to use your debit card to exit the car park at a cost of £20.
You can also find alternative car parks around Chelmsford.
- Make sure you wear comfortable, sensible shoes and clothes appropriate for the weather.
- We provide a high-visibility wristband for all walkers; these must be worn at all times throughout the walk.
- Our team of Walk Leaders will be leading and back marking the walk. There is cycle marshals to help keep you on track. If you get lost at any point, please wait for a walk leader to catch up to you before continuing. Please do not walk ahead of the front leaders (the back markers are there to walk at the pace of the slowest walkers, so there is no need to rush).
- If at any time during the walk you wish to leave, please notify a walk leader that you are doing so.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Adults are responsible for children under their care at all times. If you find a lost child, please tell a walk leader or marshal immediately.
- You will be able to purchase refreshments from the café within the Lord Ashcroft building before and after the walk.
- Toilets will be available at Anglia Ruskin University, with accessible toilets inside the Lord Ashcroft building.
- No dogs are allowed on this walk, only guide dogs or therapy dogs.