Before you arrive
- All courses must be booked and paid for in advance using your child's ourChelmsford card. If your child does not have an ourChelmsford card, you will need to apply for one before you can book a session.
- If you have not booked and paid for a session online, you will not be able to attend.
- All medical information and emergency contact details will need to be added to your child's ourChelmsford profile before they attend the course.
- If you have any questions prior to your course starting, please contact your centre
- We cannot accept children on courses outside of the specified course age range, for safety and insurance purposes.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your child's course is due to start.
- There will be designated drop off and pick up zones; please make your way to the designated drop off zone at the centre.
- When you first drop your child off at any of our courses, you'll need to register them and sign them in.
- Our course team will ask you to provide a password and emergency contact number. They'll also ask whether your child has any medical conditions, allergies or are taking medication.
- We will then issue you with a wristband which you will need to put on your child.
- You must collect your child from the designated collection zone at the centre.
- You should make sure that whoever is collecting your child is aware of the password you provided at registration. We cannot send a child home with anyone who doesn't know this.
- If you think you might be late, please let us know as soon as possible.
Children will need to be collected from courses early if they are
- outside the specified age range for the course
Covid-19 safety guidance for our courses
Face coverings for indoor courses
- You will need to wear a face covering inside our leisure centres to drop off and pick up your child, unless you have an exemption. Find out more about face coverings.
- Children aged 11 and 12 will need to wear a face covering to enter and exit the centre, but not while they are participating in their course.
- Children aged 11 years do not have to wear a face covering.
- We will allocate specific collection and drop off points away from main reception to reduce the congestion in those areas.
- Coaches will use tablets to check children in and reduce the need for paper registers.
- Wristbands will be allocated to each child and given to parents to put onto children.
- At the start of the session coaches will go through safe guidelines with children.
- Children will use individual equipment were possible.
- Equipment cleaning stations to be used through the sessions.
- Equipment will be cleaned before and after each activity to insure no cross contamination.
- Children will stay with the group they are allocated throughout their course or activity. They will not be allowed to socialise with other groups to preserve their bubble.
- Children will have regular bathroom breaks once an hour. This means that they can be supervised by the coach and ensure that we maintain social distance where possible. This will also allow us time to clean and change equipment when it is needed.
- Indoor courses will use accessible toilets only, to ensure a one in one out policy. Outdoor toilets will be used for outdoor activities, with a one way system in operation.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available for the children to use to clean their hands on a regular basis.
- We will continue to follow government and industry guidance and will review our practices regularly.
We do not allow any tablets, MP3 players or handheld computer games while on our courses, so please do not bring them. Children can only use mobile phones in an emergency.
Food and drink
- Please ensure your child has a water bottle and enough water with them for the duration of their course. Our water fountains are not in use.
- Please ensure your child has snacks or a packed lunches if on a long or all-day course.
- Please ensure cool packs are provided with the packed lunches.
Please ensure your child has suitable clothing and shoes for their course. Please also bring water and sunscreen if the weather is hot and wet weather clothes if the course is being held outdoors.
Please make sure you update your child's ourChelmsford account profile. This should include any medical information which may affect them taking part, or if they are taking any medication which they may need during the course.
You can also let our staff know when booking your course, or on the day.
A parent or guardian must give a contact number which they are always contactable on, in case of an emergency.
Children who require additional support or who have accessible needs
- If your child requires any additional support or has accessible needs, please let us know when you book. We can make sure the course is suitable.
- If your child requires one-to-one care, we ask that a parent or carer is present for the session. They will need to book onto this session with their child. This is so that we can ensure we have the correct number of people in centre at any one time.
Once you have booked a session, you cannot change the date or venue.
You will not be entitled to a refund for cancellations made prior to the course starting and/or sessions not attended. We can only offer a refund or change of date, if your child is unable to attend due to a medical condition. To claim your refund, you will need to provide either:
- a note from your GP
- a note from a doctor at the hospital
- proof of medication, such as a prescription
Whilst every effort is made to ensure all courses run, courses that have less than the minimum number of participants required may be cancelled. If we cancel a course for any reason, well offer a refund via cheque or by credit or debit card.