We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees.
Training and development
We are committed to employee development, to make sure we are able to meet the needs and expectations of people who live, work and visit the city.
We offer a variety of training and development opportunities, and encourage our employees to get involved with Council-wide events. This includes training sessions, information seminars and work shadowing.
We have Investors in People Gold status, and are also a Disability Confident employer.
We also pay for all professional fees, if they are required for a particular job role.
Most of our roles allow for flexibility over the working day. You are able to start and finish your day to suit your needs, as long as you also meet the needs of the Council.
We offer a generous annual leave allowance, between 23 and 35 days, plus bank holidays. This depends on your job, grade and the length of time you have worked with us.
Our employees also have the option to buy additional leave.
Our employees are entitled to join the Local Government Pension Scheme, a contributory scheme with staff contributing a percentage of their annual salary.
To help with travel to and at work, we offer:
- interest free loans for bus or train season tickets
- an assisted car purchase scheme if car travel is a job requirement
- reimbursement for petrol if car travel is a job requirement
- subsidised car parking (subject to availability)
Health and wellbeing
- a cash plan scheme to cover healthcare costs, such as dental or optical costs
- the Employee Assistance Programme, for information and guidance on any problems
- wellbeing events and sports sessions
We offer a number of discounts at our leisure facilities. There are also benefits for our staff at many local businesses, including money off in restaurants and shops.