Empty homes can become a target for crime, cause problems for neighbours and attract pests.
We only deal with empty residential properties that are used as homes.
If you think a property is empty, you can report it to us.
If you own a home which is empty, you can tell us and we can give you some advice about what you can do.
To report an empty home, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- details of the property, including how long it has been empty
- details of the concerns you have about the property
We bring empty homes back into use by:
- contacting the owner and giving them advice
- monitoring social and publicly owned properties
- providing loans to improve properties so they can be lived in again
- offering Homes 2 Lease and the Deposit Guarantee Scheme so landlords can find tenants quickly and easily
- taking enforcement action if all other options have failed