You can start bidding on properties when you have joined the Housing Register, and we have:
- told you your band
- told you the type of property you can bid on
- given you your HomeOption Identification Number (HOIN)
If we are reassessing your housing need because you have reported a change in circumstance, you will not be able to log in to HomeOption.
- Look at available properties
- Make a bid on a property
- What happens if we accept your bid
- What happens if you accept a property
- What happens if you refuse a property
1. Look at available properties
Housing associationsown and manage all of the housing in the Chelmsford area.
The housing associations advertise their properties on HomeOption. Each property on HomeOption has a description of:
- the facilities
- the tenancy type
- who can bid on that property
The housing associations add new properties to HomeOptionevery Friday.
You will only be able to look at properties that meet your needs. In some weeks, you will not see any new properties as there are none available that meet your needs.
Sometimes, the housing associations will let a property without advertising it on HomeOption. This could be because the property has been specially adapted for a disability, or because they have a duty to house a homeless person.