Chelmsford City Council

Report a light problem

1. Report a light problem

Report now

You can report a light problem to us if an artificial light is having a significant impact on you and your family.

Before you report a light problem to us, you should try to speak to the person responsible for the light.

You can find out about resolving neighbour disputes on GOV.UK.

If you can’t solve the problem by speaking to the person responsible for the light, you can report it to us.

To report a light problem, you will need:

  • your name, address and contact details
  • what the light is
  • where you think the light is coming from
  • how long the light is on for
  • how often the light is on
  • the time the light is usually on
  • how the light is affecting you and your family

    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page

    Go to: