If you lose your dog, you should phone us to report it.
We keep a register of all stray dogs, and may be able to reunite you with your dog if someone has found it.
To report a lost dog, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- where you lost your dog
- the type of dog
- the colour of the dog
- whether the dog is male or female
- whether the dog has a collar or tag
- any distinguishing features
Once we receive your report, we will check our register, to see if someone has found it.
If someone has found your dog, we will arrange for you to be reunited.
If your dog is not on our register, we will contact you once someone reports it as found.
Out of hours
If you are calling:
- Monday to Friday between 4:45pm and 11pm
- Saturday or Sunday between 9am and 11pm
you need to use our out of hours phone number to report a lost dog.