Chelmsford City Council

Advice about dogs

You can look at the RSPCA for advice about dogs, including buying a puppy.

You can find out about controlling your dog in public and which dogs are banned on GOV.UK.

If you are worried about a dangerous dog or a dog has attacked you, you should report it to Essex Police on 101.


Report a dog on dog attack

If another dog attacks your dog, you can contact us to report it.

To report a dog on dog attack, you will need:

  • your name, address and contact details

  • when and where the incident occurred

  • a description of the dog and its owner 


Walking your dog

We have not set a limit on the number of dogs you can walk at one time. However, you need to be able to control your dog when you are out in a public place, however many you are walking.

Dogs and noise

If you have a problem with noise from dogs, you can find out how to report a noise problem.

    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page

    Go to: