Chelmsford City Council

Change of address

Report a change

You need to tell us if your address changes because you have moved:    

  • into Chelmsford
  • within Chelmsford
  • out of Chelmsford    

To tell us your change of address, you will need:

  • the date of your move
  • details of your old and new address
  • details of who is moving with you

If you’re moving within or out of Chelmsford, you will also need:

If you have already set up an online account, you can also sign in to report your change.

Landlords/Letting agents

Report tenants moving in or out

If you are a landlord or letting agent, you need to tell us if any tenants have moved:    

  • in to your property
  • out of your property
  • both in to and out of your property

To report tenants moving in or out, you will need:

  • the names of the tenants
  • details of the address it relates to
  • the date of their move

    Contact Council Tax

    Purple Email Icon.png

    Contact us online 
    (Our Council Tax contact form will be unavailable from midday on Friday 16 August. We expect it to be back up by 3pm on Saturday 17 August. We apologise for any inconvenience.)

    Purple Phone Icon.png

    01245 606555
    24-hour payment line

    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page

    Go to: