Chelmsford City Council

We are part of the Essex Community Shield, which brings volunteers together with the people most in need of help due to coronavirus. You can find out how to get help, or how to volunteer. You can also view our latest coronavirus updates.


Exemption for students

Apply for an exemption

If you and everyone living in your property are full-time students, you can apply for a student exemption.

You can find more information about who counts as a student on GOV.UK.

If someone in your property isn’t a full-time student, you can’t get a student exemption but you may still be eligible for a discount.

To apply for a student exemption, you will need:

  • a Student Exemption Certificate (which you can get from your college or university)
  • your Council Tax account number
  • your name, address and contact details

    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page
    Last updated: 03 March 2020

    Go to: