Chelmsford City Council

Application: Single Person Discount

You can claim Single Person Discount (SPD) if there is only one adult living in the property as their main home. You can't claim if one of the adult residents is temporarily away for work, education or extended travel.

Children at university

You can’t claim SPD if your adult child normally lives with you, but is living away from home to attend university. 

However, you can claim a 25% student disregard instead. We will need to see a certificate from the university that confirms the course details and the course start and end dates. You can request this from the place of study. 

Mandatory field

Use this form to apply for single person discount

Your details


    Data protection declaration: We are a Data Controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. We hold and process all personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. For more information, you can read our privacy policy and privacy notices

    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page

    Go to: