On Monday 30 March, the new Chelmsford Community Hub was launched.
The Hub is run by the Council and the Chelmsford Voluntary Service together. It’s there to help people who are identified as at-risk or who contact the Essex Welfare Service.
Volunteers are urgently needed to help with tasks like:
- collecting and delivering food and supplies
- collecting and delivering prescriptions
- helping with pets
- basic welfare calls and asking if people are OK
- admin and support
- practical support for community groups
- befriending people over the phone
If you can spare some time to help, you can fill in the volunteering registration form.
To protect those we are helping, all volunteers will need to have a reference check.