We continue to monitor and respond to the coronavirus pandemic. Currently, all of our essential services are running as normal.
There are still some changes and additional information for the following venues and services:
If you’re using any of these services, you need to check the links to see what’s different.
Some shops and other businesses are choosing to encourage social distancing and facemasks. You should check with individual shops to find out their arrangements.
We will keep this page updated if there are any changes. You can refer to GOV.UK for more information on national coronavirus guidance and laws.
Coronavirus remains a serious health risk.
It’s important to stay cautious and help protect yourself and others. In England, you should:
- meet up outside or if you’re indoors open windows or doors if you have visitors
- take a PCR test and stay home if you think you might have COVID-19 symptoms
- wear face coverings in crowded places to help protect others
- check in with the NHS COVID-19 app when you’re out
- wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds with soap
- get vaccinated if you are 18 or over
Test and Trace self-isolation payments
If you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and have been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to a self-isolation payment.
Help for businesses
You can view our coronavirus help and guidance for businesses and employers for details of Business Rates changes, business support grants and other advice.
Report a breach
If you are concerned that a person or business is not following the law regarding coronavirus restrictions, you can report a breach to Essex Police.
We have published a new privacy notice during the coronavirus outbreak.