1. Report hate crime
You can find more information about hate crime from Essex Police.
You can also call Essex Police on 101 to report an incident, or call 999 if someone is in immediate danger.
To report a hate crime, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- when the incident happened
- where the incident happened
- what happened during the incident
- who was involved in the incident
- the names and address of any witnesses
- whether you have contacted the police about the incident
- how the incident has affected you
- if you did anything to stop the incident
You can report a hate crime online, or by visiting the Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre.
Once we receive your report about the incident, we will:
- acknowledge your report within three days or receiving it
- contact you to start our investigation
If you are a victim of hate crime, you may find the Restorative Justice scheme helpful.