You can contact us to:
- find out about the different types of gambling licences
- check who needs a licence
- find out how to apply for a licence
Gambling Statement of Policy consultation
This consultation closed at midnight on Friday 31 August 2018.
The Licensing Committee will now consider all of the comments, and decide if we need to make any changes to the statement.
We will adopt the new policy on 1 January 2019.
We are holding a consultation on our Gambling Statement of Policy.
The consultation opened on 9 July 2018, and will close on 31 August 2018.
As the Licensing Authority for the Chelmsford area, we are responsible for reviewing the Gambling Statement of Policy to ensure it is up to date.
The Gambling Statement of Policy outlines how we:
- deal with licence applications
- enforce legislation
- make decisions in line with the three licensing objectives in the Gambling Act 2005
Our last review of the Gambling Statement of Policy took place in 2015. We are now carrying out another review, to make sure the statement is still relevant.
You can download our new Gambling Statement of Policy, which includes the changes we want to make.