As the Licensing Authority, we publish information about the applications we have received.
The information includes:
- the applicant's name and address
- the premises location
- a brief description of the application
- the closing date for making relevant representations
Making a representation
To make a representation, you will need to write to:
Chelmsford City Council
You can also submit your representation online by contacting us.
You will need to make your representation no later than the closing date for the application.
We will not consider any representations that we receive after the closing date.
Your representation needs to be relevant to the four licensing objectives.
Once we receive your representation, we will:
- notify the applicant, and send them the representation in full, including the address and contact details
- consider the representation
- publish a report
It is an offence to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement in connection with an application. The maximum fine on conviction is £5,000.