You can apply to be a stallholder or kiosk holder at:
Indoor Retail Market
Outdoor High Street Market
2. Outdoor High Street Market
We currently have a waiting list, as are there no stalls available. However, if you want to join the waiting list, you need to complete the application form.
The High Street Market takes place in Chelmsford High Street every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
The High Street Market features a selection of local and international food and produce.
To join the High Street Market waiting list, you will need:
- to have a business offer that is not already present at the market
- to be over the age of 18
- third party public liability insurance (minimum £5 million)
- a risk assessment
- to sell either food or flowers
- to comply with our food hygiene standards if you sell food. This includes both where you prepare the food, and where you sell the food
We will only accept applications for permanent traders. We do not have capacity for casual pitches.
We charge per metre of stall front and the cost is:
£7.14 per metre on Tuesdays
£13.37 per metre on Friday and Saturday
Prices are valid until 31 March 2020.
We expect that stallholders to:
- leave the site clean and tidy after trading
- always have a member of staff present at the stall
- provide a high level of customer service and product knowledge
Once we receive your application, we will:
- acknowledge it within five working days of receiving your application
- tell you our decision within five days of acknowledging your application
If we approve your application, you will need to pay your rent on your first day of trading. We will collect your cash or cheque payment in the morning on the day of trade.