Chelmsford City Council

Advice for businesses

There are a number of organisations that can help you with your business, from giving advice to providing funding.

Our Preparing for Brexit page has useful links to help your business prepare for the UK leaving the EU and provides information about how your business may be affected.

One to one advice

You can get one-to-one business advice for start-up and developing businesses from Colbea. They hold monthly sessions in partnership with us at our Civic Centre

You can book your fully funded one-to-one appointment or get more information by calling Colbea on 01206 548833 or you can book online.

OrganisationType of supportDescription
Anglia Ruskin UniversityAdvice: Growing a businessAnglia Ruskin University offers a number of business support services.
BEST Growth HubAdvice: Starting a business, Advice: Growing a businessYou can find free comprehensive business support information from the BEST Growth Hub.
BEST Growth Hub (Skills)Advice: Starting a business, Advice: Growing a businessYou can contact the BEST Growth Hub for advice and support to improve the skills in your business and learn new ones.
British Chambers of CommerceAdvice: Running a business, Advice: Trading internationally, NetworkBusiness network with Accredited Chambers in every nation and region of the UK, and in key markets around the world.
Business CompanionAdvice: Running a businessFree legal guidance for businesses.
Business is Great BritainAdvice: Starting a business, Advice: Growing a businessSupport, advice and inspiration for growing your business.
Chelmsford Central BNINetworkBusiness networking in Chelmsford. Part of BNI.
Chelmsford CollegeAdvice: Growing a businessOffers an extensive range of professional and vocational training to develop your employees skills.
Colbea start-up loans registrationAdvice: Starting a businessThis non-profit organisation is dedicated to supporting businesses. Based in Colchester, they offer mentoring advice to Essex businesses in how to apply for start-up loans from central government.
Department For International TradeAdvice: Trading internationallyBusiness Support for exporting and importing.

Mandatory field

Is there something wrong with this page

Go to: