Chelmsford City Council

Chelmsford, along with the rest of England, is now in lockdown until further notice. You can find out what this means and get other useful information on our coronavirus updates page.

Duty of care

Contact us for a quote

All businesses produce waste, and most types of business waste are classed as controlled waste. Controlled waste includes commercial, industrial and household waste. 

You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all waste you produce is:

  • contained and stored securely
  • passed on to a licensed waste carrier for recovery or disposal

To comply with the Duty of Care Legislation, you need to complete a Waste Transfer Note. This describe the waste that you produce. 

You should keep your Waste Transfer Note in a safe place. You are legally required to keep a copy of you Waste Transfer Note for a minimum of two years.

You must be able to produce it if a local authority enforcement officer or the Environment Agency ask to see it.

You can  find full details on GOV.UK

    Mandatory field

    Is there something wrong with this page
    Last updated: 24 August 2020

    Go to: