What you need to provide
Everyone needs to provide one full month’s bank statement.
The bank statement must:
- be for the account you want your payment to go into
- show all transactions up to the start date (or as close as possible) of your isolation period
- clearly show the account holder's name, account number and sort code
We cannot accept Excel spreadsheets.
You also need to include your unique 8-digit NHS Test and Trace account ID 8-digit number on your application form.
Extra evidence if you are employed
If you are employed, you should also provide:
- proof of your earnings immediately prior to the start of your isolation period (such as most recent wages slips or employment contract)
Extra evidence if you are self-employed
If you are self-employed, you must provide proof of your self-employed earnings received for the two months immediately prior to the date you are told to isolate.
Acceptable proof would be:
- payslips received if a sub-contractor
- trading statements for the two month period.
We will decide whether you can work from home or not based on the information you provide on your application form.
Extra evidence if you are the parent of a self-isolating child or young person
If you are applying as a parent or guardian, you need to provide evidence of why your child is isolating.
This evidence could be:
- the child/young person’s eight-digit NHS Test and Trace ID number, given to you by NHS Test and Trace due to a positive test, or
- a screenshot of the young person’s NHS COVID-19 App notification telling them to self-isolate, or
- an image of the notification from a Local Public Health Team, confirming the requirement to isolate and that they cannot attend their education or childcare facility
If the young person is aged from 16 to 25 years, you also have to provide:
- evidence that the young person has an Education, Health and Care plan (ECH) in place
How to supply evidence
We recommend that you upload your evidence when filling out the initial application form.
However, you can also upload your evidence separately afterwards. You should only do this if you can't supply some or all of your evidence with your initial application.
You should not submit evidence without making an application first, as this will delay the process.
We will also send you a link to the evidence form in your acknowledgement email.
You need to send your evidence within 42 days of the start date of your isolation period. If we don't receive all of the required evidence within the 42 days, we will refuse your application.