Tickets to the V Festival are now on general sale.
Public Spaces Protection Order
Please note, there is a PSPO for Hylands Park and surrounding trunk roads, which bans legal highs and ticket touts. For more information, please see our PSPO for Hylands Park page.
Policing the V Festival
This year marks the 21st year of policing V Festival and Essex Police want to ensure everyone attending has a great, free-from-crime time. More information can be found at: www.essex.police.uk/advice/v-festival/
Disruption to Hylands Park
Please be aware that between Saturday 6 and Sunday 28 August, access to parts of the park will be restricted or inaccessible for your safety.
Entrance 2 Writtle Gate will be closed to public vehicles between Saturday 6 August and Sunday 28 August. During this time, please use either:
- Entrance 1: the main Hylands House entrance from the A414 dual carriageway (London Road, old A12)
- Entrance 3: the Writtle By-Pass from the A414 Greenbury Way
- House & Stable Visitor Centre visitors: please use car park near Visitor Centre (see map under Downloads) until directed otherwise.
- North Estate park visitors: please use temporary car park at Entrance 3
- South Estate park visitors: please use temporary car park at Entrance 1
- Entrance 1 and 3 can be used
- At Entrance 2: security staff will direct you left towards open field or right towards Permissive Footpath, just before the main park gate
Public restricted area
Before, during and after the festival, heavy vehicles and machinery will be operating. It will be necessary to restrict public access (see map under Downloads) for your safety. Please follow advice from security staff, safety signs and park notices and keep young children and dogs under strict control at all times.
|Fri 5 August||Construction work starts with large, heavy vehicles using Entrance 2|
|Sat 6 to Sun 28 August|
No public vehicle access at Entrance 2 (Writtle Gate)
Adventure Castle Play Area will be closed
|Thu 18 to Mon 22 August||Hylands House and car park near Visitor Centre will be closed|
|Thu 18 to Tue 23 August||All Permissive Footpaths closed|
|Thu 18 to Fri 26 August||The following will be closed: Stable Visitor Centre (cafe, shops, etc), Pleasure Gardens and One World Garden|
|Fri 19 to Sun 21 Aug||V Festival weekend (access for event ticket holders only)|
|Mon 29 Aug||Entrance 2 (Writtle Gate) re-opens to public vehicles|
Please visit our Parks and Green Spaces page to find out about the other parks you could visit instead.
Chelmsford City Council and event organisers Maztec Ltd would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your co-operation with these arrangements.