Please be aware that between 8 & 30 August, access to parts of Hylands Park will be restricted or inaccessible for your safety.
Entrance 2 Writtle Gate will be closed to public vehicles between Saturday 8 August and Sunday 30 August.
During this time, please use either:
- Entrance 1, the main Hylands House entrance from the A414 dual carriageway (London Road, old A12)
- Entrance 3, the Writtle By-Pass from the A414 Greenbury Way.
- House & Stable Visitor Centre visitors: please use car park near Visitor Centre (see map overleaf) until directed otherwise.
- North Estate park visitors: please use temporary car park at Entrance 3
- South Estate park visitors: please use temporary car park at Entrance 1
- Entrance 1 and 3 can be used.
- At Entrance 2, security staff will direct you left towards open field or right towards Permissive Footpath, just before the main park gate.
Public Restricted Area
Before, during and after the festival, heavy vehicles and machinery will be operating. It will be necessary to restrict public access (see map under Downloads) for your safety. Please follow advice from security staff, safety signs and park notices and keep young children and dogs under strict control at all times.
Fri 7 August:
Construction work starts with large, heavy vehicles using Entrance 2
Sat 8 to Sun 30 August:
No public vehicle access at Entrance 2 (Writtle Gate) Sat 8 to Sun 30 August. Adventure Castle Play Area will be closed
Sat 8 to Fri 4 September:
Car park at Entrance 3 next to Widford Church open
Thu 20 to Mon 24 August:
Hylands House and car park near Visitor Centre will be closed
Thu 20 to Tues 25 August:
All Permissive Footpaths closed (re-open 26th August)
Thu 20 to Fri 28 August:
Stables Visitor Centre (Cafe, shops, etc.) Pleasure Gardens & One World Garden closed (re-opens 29 August)
Fri 21 to Sun 23 August:
V Festival weekend (access for event goers only)
Mon 31 August:
Entrance 2 (Writtle Gate) re-opens to public vehicles
Please visit www.chelmsford.gov.uk/parks to find out about alternative parks to visit in Chelmsford.
For more information on the V Festival, please visit the event organiser's website at: www.vfestival.com
If you require any more information or experience any difficulties, please contact Parks & Green Spaces on 01245 605566.
Chelmsford City Council & event organisers Maztec Ltd would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your co-operation with these arrangements.