Heavy Horse Experience for under 16's
This exciting course is run by Claudia Waller, a partner of Hawthorn Heavy Horses based at Hylands. She specialises in the use of working horses for forestry and conservation work. Claudia has a BSc in Equine Studies and 12 years’ experience of working heavy horses.
You will learn how to:
- Groom one of our lovely horses
- Help clean and prepare a stable
- Be introduced to heavy horse harness and how it's looked after
- Help harness the horse and put him in to the carriage
- and then you can take a special carriage ride around Hylands Park.
Participants: Please download and complete the welfare form and information sheet on the right. All participants must bring the welfare form with them on the morning of their experience day